COWARDS GIVE UP ON GIs - & GIVE IN TO EVIL
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation COWARDS GIVE UP ON GIs - & GIVE IN TO EVIL

COWARDS GIVE UP ON GIs - & GIVE IN TO EVIL
    By RALPH PETERS

February 17, 2007 -- PROVIDING aid and comfort to the enemy in wartime is treason. It's not "just politics." It's treason.

And signaling our enemies that Congress wants them to win isn't "supporting our troops."

The "nonbinding resolution" telling the world that we intend to surrender to terrorism and abandon Iraq may be the most disgraceful congressional action since the Democratic Party united to defend slavery.

The vote was a huge morale booster for al Qaeda, for Iraq's Sunni insurgents, and for the worst of the Shia militias.

The message Congress just sent to them all was, "Hold on, we'll stop the surge, we're going to leave - and you can slaughter the innocent with our blessing."

We've reached a low point in the history of our government when a substantial number of legislators would welcome an American defeat in Iraq for domestic political advantage.

Yes, some members voted their conscience. But does anyone believe they were in the majority?

This troop surge might not work. We can't know yet. But we can be damned sure that the shameful action taken on the Hill while our troops are fighting isn't going to help.

And a word about those troops: It's going to come as a shock to the massive egos in Congress, but this resolution won't hurt morale - for the simple reason that our men and women in uniform have such low expectations of our politicians that they'll shrug this off as business as usual.

This resolution has teeth, though: It's going to bite our combat commanders. By undermining their credibility and shaking the trust of their Iraqi counterparts, it makes it far tougher to build the alliances that might give Iraq a chance.

If you were an Iraqi, would you be willing to trust Americans and risk your life after the United States Congress voted to abandon you?

Now that Donald Rumsfeld's gone, the Democrats are doing just what they pilloried the former Secretary of Defense for doing: Denying battlefield commanders the troops and resources they need.

Congresswoman Pelosi, have you no shame?

As a former soldier who still spends a good bit of time with those in uniform, what infuriates me personally is the Doublespeak, Stalin-Prize lie that undercutting our troops and encouraging our enemies is really a way to "support our troops."

As for bringing them home, why not respect the vote the troops themselves are taking: Sustained re-enlistment rates have been at a record high.

And our soldiers and Marines know they'll go back to Iraq or Afghanistan. And no, Senator Kerry, it's not because they're too stupid to get a "real" job like yours or because they're "mercenaries." Some Americans still believe in America.

If our troops are willing to fight this bitter war, how dare Congress knife them in the back?

On Thursday night, I was in Nashville as a guest of the 506th Regimental Combat Team - with whom I'd spent all too brief a time in Baghdad.

The occasion was their welcome-home ball, complete with dress uniforms spangled with awards for bravery. Proud spouses sat beside their returned warriors.

Of course, those soldiers were glad to be home with their loved ones. But they also know they'll go back to one theater of war or another - and no one complained.

They share a value that Congress has forgotten: duty. They're willing to bear the weight of the world on their shoulders. Because they know that freedom has a price.

As you entered the ballroom for the event, the first thing you saw was a line of 34 photographs. A single white candle softly lit each frame. Those were the members of the 506th who didn't come home.

Soldiers honor their dead. It's the least Congress could do to honor the living men and women in uniform.

You don't support our troops by supporting our enemies.

---Ralph Peters' latest book is "Never Quit The Fight."

troops

the turn coats in congress have managed to undermine our troopsand give aid and comfort to those who would kill our people.murtha who wants to"slow bleed"the war so that our troops are furthur in harms way.the ones that supported the non binding resolution are all turncoats and traitors.ultimately i and others like me will remember them at the voting booth.the gutless cowards are afraid to say what they really mean,that is their hatred of president bush,which began before he even took office.

those in congress have no courage or shame.pelosi heads the pack,with murtha her little lap dog following.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs down Pelosi Enjoy Life While (you) Can Paybac Is Hell!

THE B**CH ACT'S AS IF SHE REALLY CARE'S ABOUT LIFE,(PELOSI)IRONIC THAT SHE BAC'S LEGALIZED ABORTION SO STAUNCHLY!!!THAT'S MURDER~OF HELPLESS CHILDREN!!!

thats typical of all those sob's.they are all mealy mouthe4d liars.she should get on her broom and fly around withhellary

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank God the senate grew a set of balls and put a stop to the collaboration with the enemy. Pelosi should be tried for treason along with Mecca Murtha.

Jim

God Help Us If Hilary Makes It To The White House

i don't believe that those in congress would want the USA too lose this war....come on now..be realistic about things....after all..even the CiC said that it was faulty intelligence....that got the USA there anyway....and those in charge of the first invasion failed to keep ground that was taken in the fighting....Sheesh man...you don't got into some one elses country and then kick some ass...then just leave...That my friends is what we did...we gave those towns, cities right back to the terrorist...and just how long did it take the USA to learn that.........

is that why pelosi,murtha and the rest want to cut off the moneyfor thetroops?is that why they want to get the troops out of there asap?thse in congress hate the pres.somuch they have undermined our troops and let the enemy understand that our politicians dont support the troops.

I don't think that was is being done. is too undermine the Troops or the President....Some how some way...Things will get figured out...after all...didn't or doesn't the troops have funding for a year or so...even longer i think...To me Iraq is a old dead horse....that we are trying to resurrect...and that is going to take a miracle gents....

d.c.it has been in all the media that the pres.is stupid,has no brains,didnt serve in the military.they have been against this war from the beginning.they have called our military murderers.they are in favor of giving pows the same rights as american citizens.how can you say that they are not undermining our troops?

I guess pelosi, murtha, and schemer, are on their high horses since their NON-BINDING BS didn't pass. Supposedly they are going to flood the floor with legislation about how they are against the troops in Iraq. I say to them - GO SCREW YOURSELF WITH A BAYONET!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

sarge.oooorah.up the corps!!!

Anyone here see a resemblence to VietNam? There we had a bunch of cowards who wouldn't even fight for their own country and when it was taken by the North they blamed the US.
    Well we have the same thing here, these coward Iraqis want us to do the fighting and dying and then they ***** because WE didn't stop these insurgents. The same insurgents WE managed to help get started in the fight against us.
    And everyone says "bad intelligence". BS! The whole picture was a lie from start to finish.
    First it was WMDs, then it was nation building as it says in the constitution etc,etc,etc.
    The intelligence was manipulated for this deserting coward to get his way. Now the repubs says the Dems voted for war when in fact they voted a resolution to go to war AFTER ALL DIPLOMATIC CHANNELS had been exploited which they never were even looked at.
    And those on herre have the nerve to say anything about Murtha who is one of us and SERVED! That is the key word here people, men who served and their actions. Not those of the liars in the White House who derserted or dodged the draft 5 times because they were too busy.
    I support every troop in the field without exception since I and many here were those troops in the past. But this war is BS and the corruption and manipulation to get us there is not right.
    I can't understand why you guys take half truths and use them as fact. Why not use the real facts and you would see that we should leave Iraq and MAKE those chicken s*** bastards stand up for themselves. Or are we going to see a repeat of the fall of Saigon and DaNang were they left their families and ran like hell to get on planes out of the country?
    I cannot with good intent speak oput against those who served and carry the party line of draft dodging cowards and deserting cowards as fact when it is shown repeatedly that they lie about eveything. I'd be surprised if that deserting coward in the White House even knew what the truth was since his only truth is to line his pockets with no bid contracts and helping his rich buddies get even richer at the expense of our troops lives.

war protest

in response,murtha regardless of his service isNOT entitled to call our troops murderers!as for service,clinton got himself a billet to beat the draft .when he got ahigh number. he backed out of his commitment.you obviously have forgotten that the protesters in the nam era,called all of you baby killers and worse. if you ve read past items here, you see our support is for our troops!!murtha may be one of your heroes,but why is he cutting funding to the troops?you are following the party line of hate president bush.

Thread Information